I’m a new consumer of black tea. I used to drink three cups of coffee every day. Now I drink only black tea instead of coffee. I now that tea also contains caffeine but I think that black tea is more healthier and it has better taste for me. I’m wondering what tea does not contain caffeine?

Well, you should know that all kinds of tea (black, green and white) have certain amount of caffeine. Some of them have less then others. The caffeine content of the beverage may vary widely depending upon brewing method and preferred strength. Only herbal tea doesn’t contain caffeine. Decaffeinated tea is not caffeine free.

Decaffenated tea is the cloest you'll find.

**edited by moderator**

Try chamomile, green tea or jasmine tea.
They are not black teas though, but they are good for you.
I don't know any black teas that are caffeine free, unless they say so on the package.
:-D

Actually, Jasmine tea DOES have caffeine in it, due to the fact that it is a type of Green tea. Your best bet is the less caffeinated "decaf" teas or the herbal teas.

Try teas like these:

Ginger or Cinnanamon tea doesn't have caffeine.

Rock red tea. Actually it's called Rooibos. Comes from the leaves of a plant in South Africa but it tastes just like tea, no caffeine and a ton of antioxidants. Chocolate mint is my personal fave :-)

From what i have read, Herbal Teas do not have caffeine.