Hi, I read somewhere that one celebrity suffers from parkinson's disease. The celebrity is a boxer. I do not have a clue what kind of illness is this. But I am eager to know something more about it. However, what would make me most happy is the answer to the next question. Is parkinson's treatable?

Hi, Parkinson's disease is a central nervous system degenerative disorder. It affects motor skills and speech of the patient. The characteristics of this condition are body tremor, muscle rigidity, difficulties in movement and in severe cases the complete inability on physical movement. Parkinson's disease is a chronic progressive condition. There are several types of this illness. Most of them are idiopathic. This means that the cause is unknown. However, some types of Parkinson's disease have a known cause. Genetic-recent researches have discovered that certain genetic mutations are responsible for the creation of this illness. Exposure to some toxins, in people that are genetically vulnerable to them, has been found as a cause of Parkinson's disease. Finally, head trauma is another cause of it. There is no cure for Parkinson's disease. There are some medications that are applied as a method of treatment. They are used so that the symptoms could be reduced. Sometimes a surgery is also needed. The benefits can also be made by exercising and proper nutrition.

I still don't get it though, so most poeople that have parkinson disease most likley die from it ,or do they most likley live from it?