Hi, I am a fifty years old man. Couple of days ago, I saw a TV show that was about Parkinson's disease. Some of the things that were said really freaked me out. Since that show, I feel as if I have troubles walking. I would like to know something more about this condition. Can parkinson's occur around fifties?

Hi, I think that you are exaggerating things. It takes more than just seeing or hearing about Parkinson's disease to get it. Of course, you can always see a doctor. Parkinson's disease is a degenerative disorder of a central nervous system. Body tremor, muscle rigidity and mild and severe moving problems are the symptoms of this condition. It is a chronic progressive illness. It has also been found that it influences the lease of life. The cause of it is unknown. However, there are several types of this condition and some of them have a known cause. Toxins, genetic and head trauma are them. Usually, Parkinson's disease is usually diagnosed in the late fifties and early sixties. There are also cases when it occurs earlier. There is no cure for it but some medications and surgery can improve life by diminishing the symptoms.