I have been thinking about my father's CLL and I guess the only way I can help him is through gathering as much info as possible on his condition. At the moment, there is no need for any kind of therapy and we know that it might last for a long time, but still the illness might activate anytime. Therefore, I would like to know about all possibilities when it comes to treatment. Is surgery an option in treating CLL?

CLL indeed is a serious condition with no efficient definite cure. And when the time comes, there are several therapies and treatments that might be used. Chemo therapy, radio therapy, even though there might be a lot of side effects, are helpful and doctors apply them often. There is bone marrow transplantation too and there is even possibility of spleen removal surgery, of course, if the symptoms allow that.