Hello, I have some concerns regarding my father's health status. Or I better say illness’' status – he has CLL and he is 60 years old. I have to say that everything is good so far, there are no symptoms and he is feeling well. I just hope that this status will remain for a long time. Is there a danger of CLL transforming in another disease?

I am not so sure about the illnesses that might develop from this particular one, but I know that there are several conditions that have very similar symptoms and sometimes a mistake might be made in diagnosis. We are talking about mantle cell lymphoma, few other types of leukemia, B cell prolymphocytic leukemia... A flow cytometer is used in differential diagnose (very sensitive instrument used in process of cell marker analysis). All this is important because there is a great difference between CLL and other conditions, especially when it comes to determining therapy, development etc.