Is there a connection between Parkinson's disease and Dysautonomia? My father has been fighting with Parkinson's for almost a decade, he is 70 years old and it seems that he has a new enemy, one that I am afraid he will not be able to withstand. I only know that it is connected to autonomic nervous system (well the name says it all). What kind of illness is it?

Dysautonomia is indeed a condition in which ANS (autonomic nervous system) is damaged. It can affect both sympathetic and parasympathetic part of this nervous system, but it can also make this system hyperactive. In your father's case, this disease emerged because of his first illness, Parkinson's. So, therapies that he has been taking should, at least on some level, help with controlling the dysautonomia. Maybe a therapy will be changed because of that. Unfortunately, there is no direct cure for this.