New studies suggest that running barefoot might be better for the body than running in shoes, but will the research actually affect how runners compete and train?
In 1960, Ethiopian runner Abebe Bikila s victory in the Olympic Marathon in Rome sent shockwaves through the running community. He was the first African to win the marathon, the first black African to win any Olympic gold medal and not only did he win the race, he ran the entire event barefoot!
Link

yeah,make sense.

can you explain how its better please :D

Never tried barefoot running but I really want to as I keep getting injured and nothing else seems to work!

Has anyone else tried barefoot running?

...............
Goals:
Sub 28minute 10km
Blog - Garmin Forerunners

i agree with you

Read the book "Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World has Never Seen. It talks about running barefoot, and it is one of the best books I have ever read!

That book is the next book on my list of reads. My bro-in-law recently read it and really recommended it. I am also considering barefoot running. The premise behind it makes sense to me, but I don't want to switch until after my marathon in October.

I have always wanted to try running barefoot, but I think something would happen and I would end up stepping on something.

Barefoot running is good for the body but for those of us who have always grown up wearing shoes, our bodies arent use to the physical stress of it so you have to ease into it. Start out one day a week and work your way up. Books like Born to run were great but barefoot running isnt for everyone

The entire team of the Survival Race shares a core philosophy. Life should be lived! We believe that challenging ourselves will enhance our lives both physically and mentally.

For more information please visit: Mud race

I agree with nathantheman11, I dont think it's proven the barefoot running thing. I know they monitored Kenyans and used this a basis for it, but your body adapts to wearing shoes etc. There has to be an argument that if you switch to barefoot running it will put too much strain on the achiles which haven't had the time to build up to become strong.