My advice is that you should always have multiple running shoes. I’ve had this unpleasant situation recently. It was a rainy day and I decided not to miss my regular training so I set off. But the shower was so heavy and I felt that my shoes were soggy when all of a sudden my left sole fell off! I returned home almost barefoot. Unfortunately that was my only pair of running shoes and I had to skip training for several days until I bought a new pair.

Ouch! I’ve never had a similar situation but I know that if you’re a runner you shouldn’t have only one pair of running shoes. I’ve read some tips for running in winter and rainy time and they said that sometimes when weather conditions are bad, you should have another pair of socks and if possible shoes with you all the time. This especially goes for winter when your feet easily get wet and when it’s cold, that can be very dangerous. It’s a bit complicated, though, to carry another pair of shoes with you while you run, but in the case you’ve described it would be great to have something to change.