My son and my daughter in law have just had a baby. I do think she is taking him out in the sun an awful lot, and frankly I am concerned about his health. I did mention it to her, but she brushed it off and said the baby is fine. Well, I am not so sure. Is there a time limit for sun exposure for newborns?

As long as it is not overdone, sun is actually very healthy for babies. Did you know that millions of children in the United States alone suffer from Vitamin D deficiencies, mostly caused by lack of exposure to sunlight? Of course, sun protection factors are important but an hour or two in the sun is really good for baby's health. Hope that helps!

Well,
The fact is that sun is healthy but the fact that newborns have very sensitive skin she has to be careful how long is he exposed to the sun. You have to tell her that she needs to protect him from overexposure and to apply protective creams every time she takes him outside. How old is your grandson? You can notice changes on his skin that can imply that he has spend too much time on the sun. For instance if his skin is too red or dry, this are the important signs that she needs to take him less outside on the sun. I hope that this helped you in any way.

Good luck,
Karel

Good , curent litirature proves that exposing newborn to sun is quite dangerous . Instead the baby should be provided with vitamin D and there is also a lotion that can help the skin .

, Mohammed.

Hi!!

when a newborn cries we have to look for the root cause. it can be because of afride, loss atension , get sick , get hungry ....based on the cause we can take action.

thanks;

Mohammed.