Hello! Me and my husband are expecting a baby soon and we are very happy about it. He is very supportive of me. He helps me during my breathing exercises, takes me to all medical check-ups, and is basically always there for me. But since this is our first baby I sometimes wonder if he is going to live up to his responsibilities once the baby is born. I know that he will make a great father, don’t take me wrong. I am not even sure how I’ll perform as a mom. But the thing that troubles me the most is how much of that motherly burden am I to share with my husband. What about dad help with newborn? Are there any obligations that are considered to be strictly for dads or are we to share everything?

Hi! I am a mother of two wonderful boys. When the first son was born I felt lost as you do now. I felt very weak after I gave birth to him and I had so many things to do. I didn’t even imagine during my pregnancy what awaits me after the baby is born. I am not trying to scare you, you will see that everything will come naturally to you and once you have your baby in your arms you will know what to do. And so will your husband probably, but if he doesn’t you must tell him when you need his help. There is no strict list of dad’s obligations; he is basically there to help you.

Hi there! I am a dad of a beautiful 4 year old girl. I agree that dads are there to help the moms but I also feel that every dad should take a very active role in child-raising from the moment the child is born. I guess it depends on which type of men your husband is, but I was very happy to change diapers, bottle-feed our baby, etc... We also took turn in getting up at nights when baby was crying, in walking the baby and playing with her when she got older. It made us all feel happy. My wife and I were equally rested (or tired!), the child’s needs were always met in time and she had the attention of both of the parents. I think that my active participation around everything that concerned our baby strengthened the bond between me and her and that is why I recommend it to every new dad!