I know that vitamin d is good for skin. Its production depends on sun exposure. Since I work during the day and I do not have much opportunity to be exposed to the sun, I would like to know if I could take some supplements. Can I experience side effects I if I misuse it? What do you think about this?

Vitamins themselves don't have 'side effects' like drugs do. They are an essential part of our bodies that are necessary for life.

When you are either below or exceeding the correct dosage of vitamins, yes, bad things can happen- just like when you overdo it on anything, whether it's excercising or eating cookies.

Vitamin D is fat-soluble, so taking too much will lead to accumulation in fat cells and can cause an overdose.

The best way to get D is to spend just 15 minutes every day exposing your skin to direct sunlight. If you're not able to do this, a supplement is easy- aim for somewhere between 400 IU and 1000 IU daily between a multivitamin and the extra D.

Overdose of vitamin D makes the intestines absorb too much calcium. As a result, levels of calcium in blood will increase. This will lead to the calcification of soft tissues in the body like the heart, lungs, blood vessels and renal tubules, that will impair their ability to function properly.