Hi, I have a very light complexion and whenever my skin is exposed to sun it gets very irritated. I can't suntan. I have tried sun booths too, without success. This light complexion doesn't bother me very much during winter. But, with every summer my troubles start all over again. I can't visit swimming pools with my friends. Summer holidays along the sunny beaches are a nightmare for me. If I spend a couple of hours in the sun my skin gets such sun burns that I get fever and blisters. And the pain is severe. Can I do something to stop this from happening? Is there some kind of treatment to help me to heal faster if I do get sun burns?

Believe me I know exactly what you are talking about. I have experienced all of the joys of sunburns too. And like you I have also tried to obtain that golden tan with the help of sun booths. With the years I got used to my milky white skin and even started to like it. Now I try to avoid sun as much possible. In the summer I try not to go out between eleven and four, but if I have to I use sunscreen with the highest SPF level I can find and try to cover up as much of my skin with light cotton clothes. On holidays stay in the shade, wear a hat and reapply sunscreen every half hours and whenever you get out of water. Try not to expose your skin to sunlight before four o'clock pm. If you get sunburns cool down the burn with cool, but not cold showers. You can also use cool whole milk compresses. Drink plenty of water. After you cool down the burn use a moisturizer with aloe vera. In my opinion the best way to treat sunburns is to avoid sun exposure as much as possible. And in these days when we are all aware of the fact that sun exposure enhances the risk of developing skin cancer, that it causes our skin to age faster do you think that achieving the perfect skin tone is worth the risk?