I think I suffer from Tinnitis (sp?). I have been experiencing weird sounds in both of my ears for quite some time now. Luckily, the noises are not constant but are irritating when they happen. I did some research on my own and looked for possible causes and I can say that I don’t take any medications, I am rarely exposed to loud noise and I am really afraid that I may be loosing my hearing. I am about to make an appointment but would like to know what doctors can do for me. Is there a cure for this? Thank you

Unfortunately, there is no cure for tinnitus but there are a couple of possible treatment to relieve the symptoms. It doesn’t mean that you will react to the first treatment and you may have to try a couple of to see which of these works best for you. Your doctor may recommend a hearing aid or a masker, which is an electronic devise that makes tinnitus less noticeable. Just like there are drugs that could aggravate and cause tinnitus , there are certain drugs that could help you ease it. You could be referred to a counselor if you don’t take this noise well because talking about it often helps especially if there are people with the same problem. YOU should avoid stress because stress aggravates condition and you will have to learn to relax.

Stay away from aspirin, one of the primary causes of tinnitus and the bayer company doesn't give any warnings about it.