For the last month, I have been experiencing a very strange buzzing in the ears. It is obvious that nobody but me is hearing what I am hearing, so I got pretty paranoid. The noise is actually only in my right ear and it is not constant bit it comes and goes especially when I am under a lot of stress. Does stress have anything to do with the noise? The noise is really pissing me off as I can’t concentrate and am starting to have headaches from constant buzzing. Help! What to do?

You need to see a doctor to check if there’s an underlying cause to your problem. Most often, there is. What you are experiencing is called tinnitus and it could be caused by so many things. Are you on some kind of medications? Certain drugs (over 200 to be exact) can cause different sounds in your ears. However, you could be suffering from hearing impairment. It was found that people who are experiencing hearing loss, also have tinnitus. If you are exposed to constant loud noise or just noise, you could be suffering from tinnitus. Unexpectedly, allergies, heart problems, problems with neck and jaw can also cause these sensations, so you need to see a doc to realize what is going on. And yes, stress often aggravates the condition.