CAUTION: this is long and detailed! i wanted to make sure that i was honest and covered ALL my bases! thanks!

i'm 18 and have been sexually active since i was 16. the first sexual acts that was done to me was rough fingering and dry humping with 5 guys that i was dating in school and have had sex with two more guys i was dating. my problem is that my current boyfriend and i are trying but can't seem to ... well get it on.

it was easy my first time, he slid in his member and i felt great. same thing with the second guy, he went in and i went for a ride lol. but that was back in jan-may of 2006. when i got with my current boyfriend in mar of 2007 we tried to do it but it hurt, like crazi! mind you it was my first time in a year and i hadn't been pleasuring myself since the last time so i just figured it hurt because we hadn't used a condom and i wasn't all that wet. but when i went to the bathroom to pee i saw that i was bleeding, grabbed a mirror and noticed an obvious tear in on my inner labia. it hurt for a while but it healed after a few weeks.

months later we try again without a condom and it felt like my body was trying to push him out, like there was a wall or obstruction that he had to push down to get his entire member in. this happens every time we try something, and yes every time we never use a condom, and i'm always hurting to the point of tears, whether he's easing or rushing in. we've tried different angles and positions but it just pains me if he gets anything in. when he tries to get a rhythm going, it hurts and i pull away or push him away. when i do pleasure myself every now and then i can use a candle or a brush handle and it works fine, i don't feel any pain, but if i use a natural looking penis vibrator it hurts me like my boyfriend's. i've always assumed that I have experienced pain during intercourse because he is QUITE larger than my last two boyfriends and that i just can't handle the size of it, but my vaginal entrance looks funny to me.

i can see at the top of my vaginal entrance what appears to be swollen (to me) tissue and it looks like a mini artichoke and it's ABOUT the size of a large raisin, like a lumpy or puffy thingie. imagine a busted lip when someone loses a fight... i can't really explain. since i haven't actually looked at myself down there prior to this i can't be sure if its always looked like this or if this is a result from a rough sexual past ... and well present. so should i seek a doc or will using a CONDOM and LOTS of lube be my simple answer?

Was there ever a reply to this question?  I have the same weird artichoke looking thing happening -- is it normal? What is that?

i read on another forum that a lady had a lump like a raisin in her vagina and hers turned out to be a "boil" ! Naturally she had been worried that it was cancer, so she was quite relieved even though boils are not pleasant.Her doctor diagnosed it. Best see the doc.

This is not normal. I had the same thing and eventually swallowed my fear and went to my gyno. She initially thought my urethra had prolapsed and sent me to a urologist. He believed the same thing so I received surgery to removed the prolapsed portion. After running some tests he discovered it was not a prolapse of my urethra but a benign lesion (meaning not cancer) he also tested it for HIV HPV etc. and took out the possibility of an std. He said its completely normal and nothing to worry about. There's a small possibility that it may come back but I've had no problems since and this was about 3 months ago. My advice to you: suck it up and go to your doctor. There's no worse thing then not knowing and like with my case it is probably nothing serious and you are just building up fear in your head. Go see your doctor. You'll be fine! Good luck!