I had a boyfriend. i was sexually involved in him but it wasn't a sexual intercourse. i don't know if i am still a virgin or not. i didn't bleed. it was more like an oral sex. i want to ask if i lost my virginity and how can we figure it out? please do let me know.

Health Guru
Hi woman007. If you haven't had intercourse penile penetration of the vagina then yes you are technically still a virgin even if your hymen has broken as that can happen many ways while doing everyday things such as riding a bike, horse riding, stretching exercises where it causes the pelvis to stretch or even from just inserting tampons, you can check to see if your hymen is still intact by taking a hand mirror and inspecting your vagina entrance where you should see a fine membrane that partly covers the entrance. It will be very unlikely to loose your virginity just through oral sex. Hope this helps :-)

Thank you so much. :)

Health Guru
Your welcome and if you have any more questions feel free to ask and I will try and answer them :-)

Another thing. He fingered and rubbed my vagina. His penis touched my vagina and he rubbed it with his penis. It was not a penile-vaginal intercourse but he just rubbed and ejaculated. I wanted to ask if this affects my virginity? does my hymen break due to this?

Health Guru
If he never penetrated your vagina with his penis then technically yes your are still a virgin even if your hymen has broken from being fingered (finger inserted in vagina) but there are also natural ways your hymen can break without you realising as I said above but until a penis enters your vagina yes your still a virgin.