:$ Hello i'm 15, I'm really embarassed about this and I'm hoping you can please help me and put my mind to rest :-( I'm really worried!
the other day I found a small lump near my vagina it looks a little like a spot, I scratched it and from what looked like a white dot on top of it is now red now, I’m worried as I’m not sure what it is at all and has really scared me, is it just a spot? And I’m too scared to tell my mum!

Please help me soon :'(

Hi, I think you should go to the doctor to get it checked out. If you are sexually active, it could be a sign of a sexually transmitted disease. At any rate, you should see a doctor. If you don't want your mother to know, just tell her you are going to the doctor for another reason (your foot has been hurting).

this is not strictly true

it could be a number of things like a small cyst or even just a spot!

try squeesing it or trying to burst it but if its too sore you can just go to the doctor and you can ask for a woman if you wouldn't be comfortable with a man. They could let you know what to do, or remove it! x

If it helps any, I have bumps from time to time and the doctor told me it was "mollusca" or something like that. all it is, is bacteria like "pimples" from sharing towels or pants with other people. Its not an STD ifs more like cold sores. well not as bad as cold sores, they go away on their own. dont pick them they bleed

Hey. i have the same sort of thing. im really worried. mine is like a spot you would usually get on your face, accept a little larger. i noticed it last night and it hasn't gone down. im not sexaully active, and i dont know what it could be. plese help me! :-(

hey. i'm 14 and i have the same problem! i have a red spot near the vagina area. it's the sort of spot that usually appears on the face but slightly larger. im really worried. im not sexaully active and i dunno what it could be! please please please help me! :-(

heyy im 14 and i was in the bath a coule of min utes ago and i discoverd a weirod spot on my vagina its not like any ordanairy spot its like a lump bit ut reallly hurts its got like a black or a dark purple head on it and i keep trying to pop it but its to sore im two scared to tell my mum i think i should go to the doctors but i dont wont to go on my own i wont to tell one of my friends but im scared they will call me genitall warts or something before i even kn ow what it is it really hurts im still a virgin and i jsut really wont to know what it is please help me please xx

I have exactly the same problem. I am 15 also, and have a spot, but it's hard, on the outside of my vagina. I was scared that it was cancer, but after consulting yahoo answers, it seems that it could just be a small cyst. It will burst, and go eventually, without any medical help. Good Luck xxxx

Hello im 16 and i found a spot on my vagina, im really scared as i dont know how its there can someone tell me if this could be a sexually transmitted disease or just a spot? :-(

hi i need some help. im 17, and i have noticed a small spot on the outside of my vagina for a few days, at first it wasnt sore but now it is... i showed it to my mum and she says she thinks it could be a heat spot or sweat rash. i suffer from polycystic overys and it worrys me. ive been attending my gynocoligist regulary, had all std checks done (even though im not sexually active) and they are clear. i do suffer from thrush from time to time but this spot is like a spot you get on your face, its worrying me, ive been applying canistan cream i dont know if that was a good step to take? should i bother my gynocoligist again? please reply thanks...

hey, i'm 15 and i also have a numb spot just on the edge of my vagina. I found it this morning and i am worried. The spot isn't any normal spot, it is just big and red. I am also not sexually active and by the looks of it, it's only people in their teens. Maybe it's just more puberty? Can someone please give me an answer because it's gunna bug the hell outta me :x :o

i have the same issue! i'm only 12! I have a small white dot above my vagina and im scared that it might be cancer or something. I'm not sexually active, i've never even kissed anyone!!Help!

hi, i'm 20 and i get this too, i'd just like to reasure you girls, it's perfectly normal, they're just like spots, you can pop them or if you leave them they go away, i get them from waxing and getting ingrown hairs, they are annoying, but nothing to worry about, especially if you are a virgin. i have been sexually active for 6 years, am in a steady relationship, and am std free, i, like you girls, just have particularly sensitive skin down there. hope this response makes you feel better xx

oh, and if it's a lump under the skin, not a white head, it's also a spot, these ones can be very painful to touch or try and squeeze, and are best left alone, but they do go away, it's just like having a very deep set spot on your face that won't pop xx

hi im 16 and the other day i found a little bump that looks just like a pimpleit doesnt hurt unless something rubs it or touchs is. i though maybe it was from my underwear wondering.. im really scared because my parents dont no im sexualy active. so what do i do? should i get it checked? and what if i do have it what should i tell my parents? this bump is down low closer to my butt but its on my vigina but its on the out side on my vigina. im so scared what do i do?