Im trying to get on birth control for the first time (a baby is the last thing I need right now). My mom took some form of birth control forever ago that messed her up bad, screwed with her hormones. Because of that I dont want to take any type of birth control with hormones. Which leads me to the Paragard IUD. It just blocks your tubes. The problem: Ive never had a baby, and heard that that makes it a little different. More difficult. I still want to do it, but am wondering if anyone has had an IUD without having a baby. How has it worked out for you? If its not a good idea, what other type of birth control would work for me? I cant talk to my mom about this because she doesnt know Im having sex, and I would most likely be disowned. Can anyone help me??

Just to let you know, my mother chose an IUD as her preferred method of birth control and I was still able to come into this world without much hassle. I'm actually considering getting an IUD myself. Make sure you talk to your Gyno. They know a lot and have heard it all.