I have had an IUD removed the first week of Jan..Since removal I have not had a period...On Feb 8 I had positive ovulation a few days later I had light bleeding for about 2 to 3 days...Closer to 2 days, and my breast were tender but they arent now....Could this be implantation bleeding or could this be my cycle trying to start back up?? I have had a mirena IUD in for a little over 4 years......Thanks for your time.....

Sort of same problem here.
I've always had pretty long periods before (5-7 days) with IUD or the pill or nothing. Now after my IUD is out (since March) 3 days, last one only 1.5 days.
Same thing with my breasts, they used to be really sore with the IUD (before and around period), not now.
I had the copper IUD (no hormones).
The day after my dr. took out the IUD I had a little bleeding (from taking it out). Then a week later my regular period started, 4 days later than 'on schedule'. Since then my (very short) period comes exactly every 26 days. More regular than with the IUD.
Lots of red blood right away now, with IUD always brown spotting first couple of days.
I'll be 38 next month and we hope to get pregnant right after our wedding in July.
I already have a 14 y.o. son from a first marriage.
Hope my eggs aren't drying up. I'm a little worried. Maybe I should talk to my doctor.

Ilse

Same problem, I had my IUD removed Jan 3, 2008 and still no period and not pregnant. My dr said that I would ovulate with in 2-14 days after removal. Not sure how long it takes for your body to get back in line... Any help appreciated. THANKS!

:-( I had my iud taken out April 12 and now it's nearly the month of May. I still have not had my period and I have taken several pregnancy tests. I have no clue what is going on and i'm scared to death. i think we are in the same boat. Anybody know what could be going on?

I had my iud out in may 08 after 3 years of having it in... I just got my period yesterday. i called my doc last month and ask why I still have not got it and said it in 3 months from iud out he could give me a pill to make my period come on.. but as luck has it i just got it 2 days before 3 months were up..the olny thing is my period is very heavy.. in my life of period this is by far the worst.. but I think it has to do with the lineing growing back..Hope this helps..

It's strangely comforting to know I'm not the only one wondering about this. I am 33 years old and have one child who is entering Kindergarten in a few days. I had the Mirena IUD for 5 years and loved it. Spotted for about 3 or 4 months straight when it was first inserted, then no worries for the rest of the 5 yrs. Had the IUD removed on July 17 and started my period 3 days later. It was VERY heavy and I passed several large clots, which I figured was from not having a period for so long. That period lasted about 10 days. Now it is a month later, and no signs of a period this month. My OB-GYN said it would take around 3 weeks for my uterin lining to thicken, but does that mean I should or should not expect a regular period now? I don't want to drive my self ( or my husband) crazy or empty my bank account taking pregnancy tests every month...it would just be nice to know what to expect so I know when to go to the dr and when to chill out. I don't know if my experience will help anyone else, but thanks for letting me air my worries.

Hi All! I am going through the same thing. Had the PG for 7 years, had it removed on 12/18, today is 1/14 and still no sign of my period. Took pregnancy test on 1/11 and the result was neg. Going to retake on 1/16 if still nothing (will post back for all of you). Now I understand that the Marin may cause a delay due to the hormones. PG says that it won't get in the way of your normal cycle. I am creating a group on Facebook regarding this (I think we may be a minority of girls having this issues) and actually want a little more information to help other women in the same boat as us. I could only find forums like this and all medical staff and manufactures that I have talked to say that I'm possible pregnant and if not that I should get a shot of progesterone, which I'm not totally comfortable with since I am trying to get pregnant, but my husband and I wanted to give my body a break from everything for a month or two first.

Just an update (I was the last guest post), I started my cycle 10 days late. Maybe my body needed a reboot?

I've been reading a lot of blogs and I'm glad to see that someone else had positive results with the IUD. I had mine removed on Jan. 25th and had only some light bleed the day after and now nothing. I've taken a few pregnancy tests - all neg. so I'm thinking it might just take a couple months for my period to return. To others waiting I found a website that sells inexpensive pregnancy tests. The more you buy the less expensive they are but I spent $28 and got 20 tests (two different kinds). Only like $1 each for the ones you dip in your urine and $2 for the ones you urinate on. Don't know if that helps anyone but I am TTC so I had no issue buying a bunch but I think its great that they are out there for so much less than you can find in the drug store. Good luck everyone.

I've got the same issue...I'm 40 and have had my copper IUD for 14 years. I had it removed in March and have yet to have an actual period. My breast are incredibly tender for a few days, but that's about it. I figured I'd be good to go since I wasn't on hormones for so long, but so far, nothing positive. We're trying to get pregnant sooner than later and the lack of period is concerning for sure. My doctor never let on that something like this happen.

I am reading this in hopes that one of the ladies who posted in this thread got some answers/help. I had my PG IUD removed 5/7/10 and since then I have not gotten a period (just two 5 day spans of brown discharge). My periods are irregular, but not like this. I was at day 44 when I got the IUD removed. So now I'm scared! I meet with a reproducive endocrinologist on 6/29, because we're TTC. Any success stories out there? Thanks!

8-| hi...my iud fell out last night and i made an appointment buut its not for another 2 weeks, im kinda wanting to get pregnant. can i even get pregnant without having a period due to the iud???im nervous

So I had my IUD the Mirena removed January 2010 and it is now mid-August and I have not had my period once yet. I have an appointment tomorrow with the doctor so hopefully we can figure out why. hubby and I are really wanting baby #2 soon!

i had my iud taken out june of 08' and my periods are still irregular. the first day it was taken out i bleed for 2 days then it just stopped i have a period usually every 2 to 3 months thats lasts for up to 7 days and it is really heavy no light days at all i have not had my period in 2 months i have a doc appointment this week to see what they can do hopefully they can get me regular again i used to have a period every 28 days now its just all screwed up i will never get the iud again it also made me gain alot of weight from lack of period .

I had a baby back in March. I got the IUD put in, in April, Got it taken out in May because of problems. I bleed the whole time I had the IUD in me. The day after I stopped having periods. I have not had one yet. So I have been taking pregnancy test once a month. I found out a couple days before Thanksgiving that I was pregnant. I went to the doctor today to make sure. Sure enough I am. To this day I still haven't had a period. I guess it will be another 9 months before I have another. Good luck to everyone that is trying. Don't let your hopes go away. I got pregnant without a period.