I wanted to share my experience with ParaGuard, which is a copper IUD that has no hormones (the copper acts as a spermacide). I have been extremely pleased with this product. Insertion was somewhat painful, but the sharp pain lasted only 3 seconds. (I have a low pain tolerance.) I went back to work right after the procedure. I had cramping throughout the day and into the night. The next day I felt great. Before the IUD, my periods were pretty light and lasted about 3-4 days. With ParaGuard, they last 5 days and are heavy enough for me to use tampons, but not overly heavy. My periods are regular. Getting the IUD taken out was not painful at all. If you are having a bad experience with Mirena, you may want to consider ParaGuard.

I'm not sure if this is a double post but I thought I'd post on it anyway. can anyone who's been taking this also share their experiences? I would like to hear how it's going. Thanks!

hello,
I got the paragard inserted about a week and a half ago. Getting it inserted was painful, the first few days after insertion I had spotting and cramping, the by day five I finally felt back to normal. I have only had sex with my long term bofriend of 3 years twice since insertion. he cannot feel it. I have noticed though that I so start spotting the day after we have sex. I have some mild cramping periodically. Bu t nothing bad. As of now I am experienceing off and on vaginal irritation, I think that it is from wearing pads so much lately since I am not sure when I may start spotting or start my period.

I had paragard inserted on a monday, I have had it now for almost 2 weeks. I experienced cramping(like I was having a very bad period) and moderate bleeding until thursday, friday my BF and I had sex. The next day I had some spotting that looked like old blood. Then we had sex again Monday I experienced the same spotting the next day. Occasionaly Ill have a cramp of two that only lasts a few secinds or so. Lately I have been experience what seems like vaginal irritation, which i think its from wearing pads since I have no idea when I may spot or start my first period. My OBGYN did a culture to test for infections and STIs before insertion all that was negative. I also want to add that my BF does not feel the paragard during sex. And ladies do not be afraid to ask your OB questions before getting this put in, I wasnt shy. I too am interested in hearing expeiences

I had Paragard inserted yesterday and am doing very well so far!  I have a wonderful doctor who helped me thought it.  First, she prescribed me some medicine to soften my cervix before insertion (I've never had a baby) and then instructed me to take 800mg of Ibuprofen about an hour before.  Insertion was uncomfortable, but not painful for me.  I was able to carry on a conversation throughout the procedure.  I've had some very very mild cramping, but other than that, no pain for me!  I haven't had any bleeding or anything like that, but I was on Implanon for over a year and just had it taken out to get the Paragard so I'm waiting for my first period (in over a year!  *sigh*  I'll miss the days of not bleeding! ;) )

Hope that helps!

I had the Mirena for about 2 1/2 years, I loved it at first, but after awhile I started having anxiety attacks, moodswings, depression, loss of sex drive and headaches. I had it removed 4 days ago and am thinking about getting the Paraguard, any advice?

Allot of girls still get pregnant on paragruad and some go full term some have miscariages so be careful and its not just spermicide it also keeps the fertalized egg from ataching to the womb.