Hope some can give me info! i am 25 i have a 4 year old son... im divorced...me n my new guy dont want any more kids right now...i had my paragard iud since aug n it is now feb... i was getting my period spoting on the 10th n getting it full blown on the 11th n it was over by the 18th or 19th but this month i spotted (seriously like a drop i could of cut the pantie liner 1inch by 1inch n would not gotten my underware messed... )on the 10th 11th 12th13th14th15th but it never really came i took 2 tests both were negative it is now the 19th... i called my obgyn yesterday they did not seem worried they said just put down the dates i spot n see if i get my period next month but i am freaking out i dont feel prego but idk i thought paragard iud was susposed to make u bleed more not less how could this be! my iud feels like its still in place...i have not had any problems befor this month... i cant have a baby right now i dont wanna wait n findout later i am like 8 weeks or something! any sugestions/info?

Yes, it’s true that most women who had ParaGard IUD inserted do experience increase in menstrual flow and even more cramping than before, but you do have to keep in mind that not all women are the same and not all women experience the same side effects. All IUDs cause menstrual irregularities and spotting, but the thing is – they prevent pregnancy from the moment they are inserted so that is why you are getting negative test results - you are not pregnant. Its probably just that your cervix is reacting to the IUD. And do keep in touch with your ob-gyn, you definitely would know if it has slipped out of the place, but you can't be too cautious.