I have had a kdney infection for about 3 days. My symptoms began on Thursday, and it is now Sunday. I have been having severe, sharp pains in my lower right back. I have had kidney infections before, but never anything this serious. I have been taking Azo Standard, drinking cranberry juice, and keeping my body loaded with water. I don't drink sodas anyway, so that can't have anything to do with it this time. When I had them previously, it was after I would drink any carbonated drink, but like I have stated, I haven't had anything to drink like that. I have been really nauseous, and have gotten sick. I almost went to the ER yesterday, but I am about and hour and 40 minutes from home, and I didn't want to go to the ER around where I am at because I am a minor, and I didn't have my parents around. I also didn't feel like driving home. I also need to state that there is a chance that I could be pregnant, and I'm not sure if the kidney infection could be a sign of that. I have missed my period, and have had a range of symptoms.... Some response would be greatly appreciated... thanks.---hexfae

Hi there! Although urinary tract infections are quite common complications of pregnancy, it is highly unlikely that it could be taken as a pregnancy symptom.

If you do have some pregnancy symptoms and there is a chance that you have gotten pregnant, it is high time you did a home pregnancy test and have it checked. Since your period is already late, the hormones that are produced by placenta when a woman gets pregnant should be detectable by hpt by now. Having a test done is the only way to know for sure.

It is true that an urinary infection or any other infection or a cold, flu or a virus (that could be making you feel the way you do) could have interfered with your cycle, so you may not be necessarily pregnant. But like I already said, the only way to know for sure is to do a test.

I have been feeling a pressure on my left side , and my period was suppose to start a day ago and I still havent and i keep feeling warmth on my stomach and back, and im not sure what it is, I have had all my periods since i last had sex though, I dont understand , I am afraid to go to the doctors because I think there might be a chance i could be pregnant too?

worried

and i have done a home pregnancy test which came up straight away as posative ive been sick constantly i cant eat anything but now im wondering is it possible that the kidney infection could have caused the pregnancy test to be posative im 3 weeks late so approx 7 weeks 2 days pregnant?

i forgot to add that i have felt the odd little butterflies and had pains in my knees etc

i would be very gratefull of a reply

many thanks

katie

hey what ever happened...my girlfriend is haveing some if not all the exact problems you are having and almost the same situations with the pain and pregnancy..