I have a kidney infection,infected with staph.My question is can I still drink heavy alcohol(rum and vodka) with my condition? And what happens to the kidney if I drink?

Celebrity

If you have a kidney infection then you will probably be on antibiotics. This will affect there affect, an they will prob not get rid of the infection. My advice is dont mix alcohol and antibiotics: don't drink anything with a kidney infection apart from water. An lots of it.

I must ask do you have drinking problem since you are aware that you have kidney infection and you can’t make yourself not drinking alcohol until it is healed? If you have problems with drinking there are various institutions which can help you to solve this addiction and start a life alcohol free.

But maybe I am overreacting and you are asking this question just because you have some type of party which you don’t want to miss it and you are afraid that you will not stand not drinking. If this is the case my advice is to stay home. Like CarolL has said with this type of infection you are probably on antibiotics and you shouldn’t be mixing these two.

Yea its coo, just drink water

Wow a little overboard on your reaction. I would assume that she just wants to know the issues involved with drinking to the kidney. Yes, the antibiotics do not work as well if one drinks, but come on....not on one particular occasion. They are administered for days even weeks. Gosh.

Wow you're rude.

Well aren't you just a ray of idiotic sunshine

a simple "it wouldn't be smart to drink" would've probably done it with ya judgmental ass

I am currently healing from a kidney infection and I do have a birthday party coming up. I was prescribed antibiotics as well as pain meds i haven't took neither yet. They have me taking antibiotics twice a day for 10 days. So would it still heal me if I only drink one day and continue my antibiotics?

Can i travel after having a kidney infection its been 3 days?

I am currently dealing with a kidney infection and got the doctors approval to travel to Arizona from Montana. As long as you continue your antibiotics and drink lots of water you will be good!

No alcohol problem it's my sister birthday and we were having one drink not getting drunk

Hope u had fun

Ok first of all, I think you need to re read your text because it doesn't make sense. There are plenty of English classes and institutes that can help with grammar.

However, a kidney infection is not always caused by alcohol. It can happen from holding your pee and poop for long periods of time. I understand the urge to drink sometimes especially when there's an event coming up that was planned before the infection! If you haven't had a drink, you should try it...it will help get the stick out of your ass!

She said drinking heavy lol. That’s a problem.