I had my period on the 16th or 17th of september and I am in a 25-26 day cycle.(sometimes it varies :s) I was supposed to get my period either a couple days ago or today cause it usually comes a couple days to a week before my last period. A couple days ago I started seeing really tiny amounts of blood when I went to the bathroom. I knew I didnt need a liner or anything. I noticed the other night that I had to go pee every hour as well. I went to the docter yesterday and he gave me pills for a slight urinary tract infection. I told the docter that I thought I might be pregnant and he just ignored it and told me to come back in a couple of weeks if I havent gotten my period yet. This frustrated me so I went out and got an HPT. I took it and it said neg. I want to know if a urinary tract infection can affect those results or am I possibly testing too early. My fiance and I have been trying for 7 months now and its really upsetting me.

Hey,

I am somewhat close to your situation. I started my last period on Sept. 19. I expect my period around Oct. 16. I felt the beginnings of a bladder infection - UTI on Oct 6. Drank lots of fluid and cranberry juice. The symptoms are really bad in the am and taper off to not much discomfort by the end of the day. I went to the dr. on Oct. 11 asking for a urine test. When I went to the lab this morning there was more than usual discharge and still the annoying bladder troubles. I wont hear the results until Thursday or Friday. My husband and I are trying for a baby, too. I have searched the internet trying to find other women with UTI's at the early stage of pregnancy. Let's keep in touch.

Hey,

Keeping in touch would be usefull...Are you as confused as I am...I dont know what symptems are for what anymore...I can almost just tell im pregnant...thats why I went to the docters in the first place....but the UTI through me off. Now I dont know if the symptems I am having are from that or pregnancy. And I stilll havent gotten my period yet. Should come Any day now but I have felt like it was here for days.

well....since we are keeping in touch Ill tell you what I have found out from one of my pregnant friends. It is more likely for pregnant women to get UTI's. I dont know why this is but she heard it from her docter. I hope that helps you a little...do you have any news on whats happening with your possible pregnancy? If so tell me id love to hear about it :-) :-)

Hey,

I thought I would update you too! I heard back from the lab exam on my urine and it was negative for a bladder infection. Saying "negative" and it actually being true is another matter. I woke up at 5.30 am on Saturday morning in pain. Peeing blood. I went to the hospital where the dr. performed a pelvic exam and tested my urine again. Can you believe it came back negative again? Didn't matter, the dr. believed I needed treatment and prescribed me a course of antibiotics and monistat for a yeast infection. I started treatment on Saturday and have experienced relief. Unfortunately I started my period on Monday (as expected). So, the UTI was not an indicator of early pregnancy in my case.

I also posted my bladder infection on the Two Week Wait website. Are you a member of it/know of the website? I should bring them up to speed on the latest!
Pamela

wow...thats a lot of hassel to go through. Shows that urin tests are really innacurate too. At least when they are negative. I just had my doc do one and give me some pills for it. Mine wasnt an indicator of early pregnancy either...I got my period on monday the 16th...and because of some stuff that hapened with it I might have to see the docter about getting a hystorectomy cause it made me really sick...I couldt get out of bed for a couple days.Looks like no baby for Steve and Steph :-( I havent hread of that website by the way.
StEpH

Dear Steph,

Oh dear, I am really sorry to hear your news. If you don't mind sharing, please email me. I would like to offer you my support. I am not sure if my address can be viewed. I will make changes. Please keep in touch.

Okay, that last posting was by me - I wasn't logged in. And I checked my profile, I would like to stay connected. Please send me a personal message.

well...unfortunately I just got back from an 8 hour 11pm-7am shift and cant quite muster up the brain power to find personal messaging...sorry...but feel free to message me and ill figure it out eventually. I am confused now,....I know its a small chance but SOMETHING doesnt add up in the whole scheme of things here. I did get my period but it had litterally crippling cramps...I was throwing up and passing out and I had to stay in bed for 2 days. I am still getting a sick feeling. I know that if I think im pregnant theres really only a small chance. But its either that or theres something really wrong with my Uterus. I am also getting a lot of dizzy spells. And when I get the pains (they feel kinda like cramps) I usually have to pee right after, I really dont understand this and I am really scared. I know none of you are docters that can diagnose me so I am planning to see one when I wake up this afternoon. But if any of you can give me some advice or anything...am I the only one who has experienced this?? I am scared that the doc will tell me I am infertile and I need a hysterectomy.

I know that post was several months ago...but I have those same problems with my periods. Mine is caused by endometriosis, ovarian and uterin cysts.

okay, so i was reading both of your posts... i feel i am in a similar situation. did either of you find out if having a uti can mess with the results of a pregnancy test? I took one and it said it was negative. However, i do have a uti and went to the doctor but he said nothing about being pregnant. Do you know if they check for that automatically when checking your urine?

HEY

I WAS 6 WEEKS AND 4 DAYS..I HAD A UTI BUT I LOSS THE BABIES..I HAD SLIMY DICHARGE AND THEN STARTED BLEEDING 4 DAYS LATER..I AM POSITIVE, AND I WILL TRY AGAIN LATER..GOD IS TOO GOOD

Hi Guys,

I am in a similar situation. My period is a week and a half late, ive been feeling excessively tired for 2 weeks, ive been going to the toilet alot, 3 days ago i had about an hours worth of spotting (not from urinating) and hot flushes. I went to my doctor and she told me I have a fever and that I might have a urinary tract infection. The thing is I used to get ALOT of them when i was alot younger.. and i'm really convinced I don't have one. When I was younger i would get the burning when needing to pee, i would feel the need to go to the toilet all the time but when i got there i really didnt need to go.. and i have NONE of those symtoms. I have no problems going to the toilet and when I do go I pee ALOT compared to what ive drank for the day. My first thought was that i might be pregnant, my partner and I have been trying for 2 years now without success. What does everyone else thing? Should I mention my concerns to my doctor or just go along with her, get them to test my urine and take these pills?

I am so glad that I found this forum. I have been ttc for 5 months now. Had a miscarriage in August at 6 weeks and this month developed a UTI on the day I was ovulating. My husband and I have been bd'ing like crazy. Now I am on antibiotics. If I am pregnant, can those antibiotics affect a baby that early? I know that for the first 10 days they are not connected to the mother's bloodstream, but could a UTI and the subsequent antibiotics (NITROFURANTOIN) keep my egg from being fertilized? I can't seem to find answers to this anywhere.

Both times that I was diagnosed with UTI I ended up pregnant. However, I am not sure if it was more of the UTI's of the medicine used for treatment. My doctor told me the medicine they give you sometimes works as a fertility drug. And I am not the only one several woman told me while take the medicine for a Kidney infection, they ended up pregnant.
The warnings on the label does tell you that this pill has an adverse effect on birth control. But adverse effect and ending up pregnant every time you take it.....is a bit much.