Hi, my son was diagnosed with kidney reflux, but not sure that he was properly diagnosed. He had a fever and a bladder infection that came back after the treatment. He also have some back pain but he fell down the stairs a few days ago and that could be the cause of his pain. Anyway, don`t know anything about kidney reflux, and want to hear some more info before I go for the second opinion.

Hi, my kid also had a kidney reflux – the valves at the ureters didn`t start to work properly and a surgery was needed. He`s fine now. The symptoms can trick you, but you didn`t say nothing about diagnosis methods. If he did the kidney ultrasound, blood and urine test, MCU, DMSA scan – the diagnosis is correct. Your bladder stones could be the cause of hid kidney reflux. Also, most of the children with recurring infections of urinary tract have kidney reflux. But, most cases of kidney reflux correct themselves within some five years. Treatment includes close observation, meds and surgery (if the valves start to work as they should the surgery is not necessary). The surgery is performed under anaesthetic and my son had to stay in the hospital for 3 days. But, me and my husband had to test ourselves also.

I had urinary reflux in the early 70's but was not detected until the early 80's so it was too late for me. I didn't get diagnosed soon enough because they say I did not have the typical indicators. The doctor just thought I had the flu (often).

I would ask more questions of the doctor if you have doubts the doctor is right, like why do they think it is reflux and if you still doubt, then ask for proof (an ultrasound report or something).