Hi. My kidney feels sore and I have blood in my urine. Sometimes, especially during night, I have fever and chills. The pain is sharp and like no pain before. I think I have kidney stones or something like that. I think that kidney stones are not so dangerous, only painful, and I really hate hospitals. But, if my condition go worse, I guess I will have to visit my doc. Anybody with any experience?

Hi, I had a kidney soreness and the stones (so called nephrolithiasis) could be the cause of your pains. But kidney pain could also be linked with a kidney infection (pyelonephritis) - that was my case. You may also have a polycystic kidney disease or glomerulonephritis. You didn`t say anything about your urine (if you find some blood in there, that could be really serious). Anyway, pyelonephritis is an infection and in that case you will be treated with antibiotics for some 2 weeks. I feel just fine now but still drink a lot of fluids to make sure that the infection won`t come back. If you have stones, most of them will pass on their own, if not there is an ultrasonic waves treatmens. Sometimes, but rarely, the surgery is needed.