I am 8 weeks pregnant and recently noticed burning sensation when I urinate. I have also noticed that I have a discharge. Naturally, I went to my doctor and I was diagnosed with yeast infection. Will this affect my baby? Is it usual for pregnant women to have infections?

Yeast infection is a common type of vaginal infection that occurs really often in women who are pregnant. These infections are caused by microscopic fungi in the Candida family. They are normally found in the vaginas of nearly one third of women. It only becomes a problem when it grows so fast that it overwhelms other competing microorganisms that are normally found in the vagina. Increased estrogen level during pregnancy causes your vagina to produce more glycogen. This makes it even easier for yeast to grow in the vagina. The most common symptoms of yeast infection are odorless and white vaginal discharge, itchiness, irritation and redness in your vagina and labia, pain during sex and burning sensation during urination. A yeast infection won't hurt or affect your baby. However, if you have an infection when you go into labor, there is a chance that your newborn will contract it as he passes through the birth canal. A yeast infection in a newborn is called thrush. It is recognizable by the white patches in a baby's mouth and it is not serious and is easily treated.

I just recently had my 1st yeast infection in my life and I am 20 years old, Ive experieced serious bloating in my stomach over the past 3 weeks I mean I went up about 2 pant sizes and have been eatting more and feeling tired. I am noramly a very small person and this weight gain in my stomach and abnormal eatting is very abnormal for me. Ive never been pregnet before so im kind of confused. My friends keep telling me I look pregnet by the way my stomach is but I really dont know much about it. I picture a womens stomach as one big ball poping out not rolling up. Like i said this weight gain is very abnormal and Ive never had a stomach look this full.

I have been having a similar problem. I also have a yeast infection and am looking bigger in the stomache. Because of a stronger appetite. I keep thinking I am pregnant but I wont be able to know for sure until a few days. I have never had bloating with a yeast infection before. So I dont think the two are related.

My period left that day and I had sex that night could I be pregnant? Here is why I ask...I have had pretty much every symptom. I have:
-----nausea w/ and w/out vomiting
-----I currently have a yeast infection
-----I sleep almost 15 hours a day
-----my breast are heavy, sore, hot, and people keep asking if they are growing
-----I can't sleep directly on my stomach
-----I have had a nose bleed
-----thinking about eating certain foods makes me nauseous
-----sometimes if i bend down to much and then left my head up i get light headed
-----I have constipation
-----I used the bathroom more frequently then normal and I don't drink that much liquid
-----I keep gettin these slight headaches
-----I have nasal congestion
-----For a while I was getting cramps that felt like my period only before I was trying to go to bed they have died down now but I still get them sometimes during the day
-----And finally when nobody else is cold I am quite chilly

Please help me tell me if I can possibly be pregnant or if my mind is playing tricks on me my period isn't due for another 9 days so it's to soon for me to take a pregnancy test.

Hey Kichensk, you sound pregnant to me. I, too experienced constipation among many of the other symptoms you described. These symptoms hit me 3 weeks after I got pregnant - of course I didn't know it then. If you haven't already seen an ob/gyn, you should get checked out.

By the way, according my calendar, I got pregnant at a time when I wasn't even ovulating. I must have screwed up somewhere, because I've been charting my cycle for years.

If you're not pregnant, I can't imagine what is ailing you. Whatever the outcome, I hope you are happy.

I have suffered from yeast infection for along time but here is the good news . Dannon yogurt plain with active culture bacterica will sovle this one a week end small amount. It taste like elephant piss but it works

Uve tasted elephant piss?