Me and my husband was trying to get pregnant for couple weeks now. I'm 19 and my husband is 21. I feel the quizziness in my stomach, the backaches, sore breast at times and i feel very tired and my period is not normal. I went to a doctor and he made me take a home pregancy test. but the sad part about it is, it came out negative :!: Then the doctor told me that i had a bladder infection. Could the test result be true that I am not pregnant or could my bladder infection effect the results

did you find out?

Guest wrote:

did you find out?

I am having the same issues. I feel the stomach queeziness, back aches, tender breast and I think I might have a bladder infection. However, I took a pregnancy test two days ago and it was negative. I would like to know if my bladder infection affected the result on the home pregnancy test.

No. The pregnancy test looks for a hormone called Hcg, human chorionic gonadotrophin. The implanted embryo sends messages to the corpus luteum to produce this chemical. Your bacterial infection has absolutely nothing to do with the hormone and would not affect a pregnancy test even a little bit.

actually a uti can affect a pregnancy test if your uti is severe enough to have blood in the urine that was tested. also you must test at least 10 days after you suspec fertilization or ovulation.

hi there. i'm also having the same problem.

i missed my period and was having cramps in my lower tummy. i went to the doctor and they did a urine pregnancy test. it showed positive and negitive. but the nurse said that i was pregnant. i also had a blood test doen and now i got the news that i have a bladder infection and might not be pregnant as the is not enough of the chemical in my system to let us know that i am pregnant. i was so excited only to have my happiness ruined. now im asked to go see a gyny and i cant get a date. the last i got my period was on the 21 september 2009. do you think that i could be pregnant and because of the infection the tests cannot detect it?

Well when i went to the doctors to see if i was pregnant they did several pregnancy tests and they all came out negativee!! but something just told me i was so they said since i had a UTI it might be throwing it off so then they did a blood test and it came out positive!!! :-) so i guess it really just depends on your body

I've been reading through these post, basicly because last night i had really painful cramp on my lower admominals and below my chest.. It was so servere i could barely sleep let alone lay straight, i was sick because of it aswell.

I've woken up the next day and seem to have a bladder infection :/ or so i think, my wee smells really foul and burns and as sooon as i have wee'd i need to again all the time.

I am on the pill and for a while now i have been feeling that i am pregnant just little signs, should i do a pregnacy test or will any of these factors prevent a true anwser?:/

Please help me?

I am having the same issues, I took 2 [regnancy tests and they were both positive. one was a standard test and the other was the digital tests. I have hossible back aches and i took an At home AZO UTI test that showed I also had a UTI. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning and i dont know if I am pregnant or not now... but i will keep you guys posted

Did you find out? 
I seem to have woken up with a bladder infection..  I want to take a pregnancy test because i had spotting 6 weeks ago and have had no period since and just want to know if they will show the right answer lol. 

Someone please help.......three months ago I noticed pain in my bladder, frequent urges to use the restroom and a foul odor when i urinate, I noticed these symptoms but immediately knew that i had a UTI i never did take full precautious becasue of my busy schedule but i did start trying to drink more water than soda. Now it is October 27, and my period did not start on the 15th of this month (october 15, 2011) I usually have a 21 to 28 day cycle but now im 18 days late. On the 15 i started having these mild cramps for four days which is not common because my menstrual cramps has always been painful. after them four days the mild cramps stopped and I started feeling bloated and have been gasing a alot. i have been feeling nausea....throwing up after eating full coarse meals, having a white discharge, fatigue BUT STILL A NEGATIVE PREGNACY TEST. cOULD IT BE BECASUE OF THE UTI I have had for so long and have not cured....... I  am still having the symptoms of the UTI ...I will be headed to the emergency room after today.....somebody please help me are give me some answers

today i had simular think happen today been trying to get pregnant and really confused all feeling i had like feeling sick my stomack feeling really hard and my cervix is lower down than usual and it seems closed but my test today at doctors showed negative and doctor said it looks to me i've got bladder infection can it mess with the result

Hi, i also have this problem im23 years old and since i have my mensuration its very irregular,but luckily i have a 1 daughter now,

Actually i have the same questions, does uti affects my pregnancy test. by the way im have also a polycyctic ovaries and i though tah im pregnant bec ive miss my period for almost a month now but i took th pregnancy test and it comes out negative, my question is is there any possibility that my preganacy test will come out negative if i have a uti or polycyctic ovaries? bec i have the pregnanacy symptoms?? pls help me answer my questions tnx...

Hi Thr.. Even me and my husband was trying to get pregnant for last 2 months. I'm 25 and my husband is 27. I feel the quizziness in my stomach, the backaches, lower stomach aches too at times and i feel very tired. Suggest me whether should I go for a test now m bit k with health. Before 6 months (M not sure when) I had the infection does this effect my fertility & also plzz tel me whether D & C effects my fertility..
I hav my periods normally..

Hi there mommies to be. I had the same problem where I went to see a GP and I was informed that I had bladder infection & was given the medication.. Not long from my visit, I discovered I was pregnant & the other doctor said I was more than 4 weeks pregnant even though the home test showed negative & the first doctor mentioned bladder infection, i am now a proud mother of a 5 year old daughter. Funny thing is, today I went to see a doctor & i was told that I have a bladder infection but my symptoms are that of a pregnant woman. I dont know, guess I will have to wait for my periods & take it from there.