Hi, my sister has frequent kidney infections and I am worrying about her health. She doesn't realize that it is very serious disorder and is much undisciplined with therapy which her doctor prescribes to her. I would like to know something more about kidney infections as I want to help her to solve this problem efficiently.

Hi, first of all your sister would take medications regularly and on time. As kidney's infections are commonly caused by bacteria she need to take antibiotics which are determined by sort of bacteria which is found in urine. Also she has to lower intake of salt and proteins while infection passed. Rest is also needed while infection lasts.

i was just like her. never took my meds regularly or on time...and guess what happened......my kidney failed and I had a kidney transplant. Tell her that a kidney transplant will ruin her life. It will make her hairy, fat, psychotic, pimply, shaky and depressed. Those are the side effects of the meds. It f**ks you up. Tell her its not f*****g worth it.

My kidneys failed because of SLE. I had a kidney transplant, and the first few years are hell, I'll admit. But depending on your doctor, he'll be able to wean you from the terrible medications like corticosteroids. I'm off it now. I'm still taking immunosuppressants, but they agree very well with my body. I look and feel good, so I can go out once in a while. There are restrictions (which drive me bananas), but so far, everything's still looking up. =)

I discovered that whenever I get my period and wear sanitary napkins, I get a bacterial infection. So what I do now is do it like the ooold days: stay home when I have my period, stay away from the sanitary napkins, and wash off the blood as much as possible. Tah-dah, I haven't had any UTI or bacterial infections in, like, so loooong! =)