Hello! I am signed in for a pelvic lapascopy next week and I would like to know more about what happens during the surgery and about the recovery period. Is there anybody who has experienced it or just knows something about this? Thank you in advance!

Hi! Laparoscopy is considered to be a better procedure than the open surgery as it involves less pain and the recovery period is shorter. During the pelvic laparoscopy, a small incision is made in the belly button or lower abdomen. The abdominal is filled with carbon dioxide, which causes the abdomen to swell which lifts its wall away from the internal organs, and in that way more space is made or doctor to work with. After the carbon dioxide, a laparoscope is inserted through the incision. There is a camera that doctor uses to see the inside of the abdomen. Sometimes the doctor uses the incision where the laparoscope is and sometimes he has to make another incision to place the instruments in, which he works with. As I have already said, there is little pain, and the recovery is quick, all depending on you physical and mental health.