I want to removes excess skin and fat from the middle and lower abdomen and I want to tighten the abdominal wall. I have heard that tummy tuck abdominoplasty can help me with this problem. I have heard that this procedure can dramatically reduce the appearance of a protruding abdomen and stomach. Anyway, I am afraid a little bit for scar tissue after this surgery is performed. Can you tell me something about it?

The amount of your problematic excess tissue dictates the length of a permanent scar. This is noticeable where excess skin and fat are removed. This surgery is less extensive than a total body lift where the scar extends around the entire body. Total body lifts address sagging tissues around the entire body, from your front and back. However, interesting is that the amount of loose skin that can be removed is the least. In a typical tummy tuck, the scars can extend from hip to hip, which has been the most commonly done. Another one scar is around the belly button called umbilicus. The best candidates for tummy tuck abdominoplasty are women or men who are in relatively good shape but are bothered by a large fat deposit. Previous abdominal scars need to be evaluated during an in office examination to see if they might effect possible surgery you wish to perform. Prominent abdominal contour scars like those sometimes seen after Caesarian delivery and other surgery can be removed or improved during this abdominal sculpting, which is definitely good news about tummy tuck problem.

Myname is Nicole. With hesitation from the possibility of sounding conceited...I would like to share my story with u. I had a tummy tuck done about 2 years ago. It is true that this procedure "does" "ELIMINATE" the lose skin on your tummy. One thing to consider is...what's more important to you...a scar? Or the lose skin on your tummy? I felt I would feel better about me by proceeding with the surgery. I must tell you that it was the best thing I have ever done & have learned to live with the scar that goes from hip to hip. Before the surgery I was in a size 16 & 165lbs. Now, 2 years later, I am proud to let you know, I am a size 8 and weigh 130lbs. It's an incredible feeling. I wish you the absolute best...Good Luck...

Hi there Nicole! I would like to get more info on that kind of surgery. How old were you when you performed it? I am soon 26 and I weigh around 170 lbs. My abdomen looks like that gum children put around them not to drown if you know what I mean. I know there is no easy way out from this condition. The biggest mistake was letting this happen. Anyway, I would also like to know if you were in pain after the surgery and if there is a possibility to loose the scar over the years. Also, what doctor did you go to? Thank you

8-| I am about to go for a Tummy Tuck and hysterectomy on this week.
I think the scar is well worth having the extra wrinkly skin from two kids removed. Even if I was chubby or a little over weight, I wouldn’t be as embarrassed as I am now with my stretch wrinkly stomach.