Hi. I want to have a brow lift. I am 55 years old male. I am in good health. I would like to hear from somebody with experience more about it. Like, who is the best candidate for brow lifts? What are risks of brow lifts? Where is it performed? How long will it take for me to recover?

Hi. I had brow lift. The best candidate is anybody between the age of 40-60 with deep brow furrows. The surgery is performed usually in a hospital, or in an office-based surgical center. The recovery period depends on the procedure. If you choose a traditional brow lift, you will need longer recovery period. Endoscopic patients usually recover sooner. This procedure is less complicated then traditional brow lift surgery. Most patients can return to their work after a week or two. The final signs of brow lift surgery should disappear within a month. Some possible complications include forehead paralysis, brow asymmetry, numbness of the forehead, loss of hair (permanent), high hairline and the surprised look.

New Member

i am 8 weeks post coronal brow lift and neck lift.
The coronal lift is barbaric. dont do it. large risk of bald patches and hair loss along incision line. my surgeon underplayed the 10% risk of permanent hair loss at incision, which goes overtop of head ear to ear. I woke up with staples covering my head, maybe 50, on top of nylon sutures under that. This killed the hair follicles in a one inch swath across the top of my head. revealing not only my scalp but the ugly thick scar.
i had to buy a wig. I still have black eyes which even clown makeup doesn't hide.
my surgeon does not do endoscopic so he did not suggest it. i really hate his guts at this point. i stupidly trusted him and believed his claims of 2-3 week recovery. That was a bold faced lie. Recovery from a coronal brow is at least a year. online searches consistently take you to plastic surgery sites that repeat the lie that recovery is 2-3 weeks. Maybe for endoscopic but NOT for coronal. I am still out of work and my personal life is non existent because I am hiding still at 2 months out.
I went from an attractive lady with some sags to a mutilated freak.
be careful! Plastic surgery is a money making business heavily marketed with dishonest claims.

New Member
oh another thing, his suggestion to me at this point is hair transplants. it is a huge area so this will be upwards of 10-20k.