Hello! I am 42 and am having spinal surgery in two weeks –what to expect? The thing is that it is been almost 7 years I am being diagnosed with spinal stenosis and the pain lately has become almost unbearable so I decided to have the laparoscopic spinal surgery and I am pretty much concerned of what to expect? I would like to hear how effective this spinal surgery is and how it is done. Thanks much!

I hope you have discussed already good and bad sides of the spinal surgery with your surgeon. Anyway this sort of spinal surgery is very effective in most of the cases especially if it is being performed by some experienced surgeon. What is the best regarding this sort of spinal surgery is that you would feel significant pain relief and also recovery period is much easier and faster. This spinal surgery consists of first making some very small incisions through which a tiny camera as well as some surgical instruments is inserted and it is how this spinal surgery is performed-your surgeon would watch the surgery on the video monitor actually. Anyway you may count on pain relief for your nerves would be decompressed due to this spinal surgery and also some physical therapy is required.

Did you have the surgery? Was it successful? I just had spinal fusion between L4-5 last week. 2 small incisions in back, and they took pelvic bone shavings and put it in a plastic box which was inserted where the disk was removed. I'm feeling pretty good just 10 days later and already off the pain meds. I still have some residual pain down my right leg which is where the pain was prior to surgery. Please let me know how your procedure went and how you're feeling today. Thanks.