Hi. I’m thinking to take a rectal prolapse surgical repair. I’ve thought about it before but could not find the strength to do it. I’m wondering if anybody here had it and if so, I would like to hear all your experiences, weather it helped you or not, did you have any problems afterwards, etc… Anything that would help me make up my mind would be great. Thanks

I had one several years ago. I know that treatment depends on many individual factors such as the age and the severity of the prolapse so I don’t know weather this info will help you at all. Operation can be performed through the abdomen, or via the anus or vagina so that is the first thing you must decide. Mine was performed through the abdomen. Actually, I had Laparoscopy (keyhole abdominal surgery) which involved inserting slender instruments through a number of small incisions in the abdomen. The whole treatment was not too long and I got back to normal in less than a month. In general, it went ok for me.

I am scheduling my Laparoscopy surgery for rectal prolapse in a month or so. You mentioned that your surgery went well in general. Is there anything that you felt went wrong? Are you happy with the results? I have had this problem for over 10 years and the doctors are telling me that surgery is the only answer to fix this problem. I am definitely afraid so I would love to know more about your experience. thank you so much for sharing.