I have suffered BPPV for 7 years. Most recently I have been suffering nausea 24/7.

My GP gives me Prochlorpererazine for my BPPV.

Have purchased from the chemist - Phenergan - for the nausea. Is this complementary to Prochlorpererazine?

Yes, I believe Phenergan is complementary to Prochlorperazine. Prochlorperazine is an antipsychotic agent that is used to treat short-term nausea, vomiting and vertigo. Short-term use is recommended for this drug because of potential serious side effects if used long-term. Such serious side effects include the induction of seizures in patients who are previously seizure-free, and tardive dyskinesia (involuntary movement of the tongue). Phenergan, on the other hand, is an antihistamine that is usually used to treat allergy and cold symptoms. But it is also used to treat nausea, vomiting and vertigo. Compared to Prochlorperazine, serious side effects of Phenergan are relatively rare, allowing it to be used longer-term.