Hi, i have been suffering from EXTREME nausea for about a year now... I did all test possable and doctors find nothing. Well, they found a poly on my gallbladder. about a half a cm big, and they said this is not the cause of my nausea. Soo.,.. they gave me some nausea meds... which for some annoying reason they all dont WORK!! They tell me i am a very anxious person. However, i'm not anxious, i only get really anxious when im soo nauseaed. anyways, i was wondering if anyone has any ideas or home remedies i could try to help this nausea go away! Its soo horrable, its takeing over my life!! Well, thankyou and Godbless

Hi! Have you tried any herbs to relieve your nausea? As far as I know ginger and basil works wonders for both nausea and vomiting.

Ginger capsules are said to be better than nausea drugs and work quickly. They can be used for all sorts of nausea, like seasickness, post op nausea and vomiting, etc

Most of the drugs used to treat nausea will cause side effects like feeling weak and tired, heart palpitations or even blurred vision. Ginger doesn’t have these side effects. It is thought that it works in the digestive tract and not in the brains.

Besides ginger, you can get basil and have some tea of basil leaves. It also stops nausea and vomiting.

wow, really???? Well, i drink ginger tea, but it doesnt really seem to help. I guess i will give that giner herbs a try. Thanks!

i haven't tried this myself, but i have read that charcoal tablets work by bonding to whatever it is that makes you feel sick, and because the body doesn't absorb charcoal, it just passes out of the body with the 'nausea' if you know what i mean.
i myself am lucky not to feel nauseous to often but when i do, it's due to a weak stomach resulting in diarrhea and i never vomit. the things that sometimes help me feel better are:

- ginger ale, let it go a bit flat and sip
- diet coke. my mother and most doctors would go mad if they saw that suggestion, but it helps if i sip that or 7UP. I read that sugar syrups (including soft drink concentrated syrups) help for some medical reason, so perhaps it's to do with that. you must let it go flat a bit or the carbonation might upset your stomach more. you can do this by emptying a little out of the bottle so that you can shake the contents more effectively. do this quite vigorously until it is reasonably flat and then sip
- sip milk because it is neutral and should help the acidity in your stomach
- nibble a piece of plain white bread
- concentrate on your breathing the way pregnant women do. i find if i stay sitting upright and then hold my breath as the next cramp seizes me, then let my breath out in the middle of the cramp, it slightly relieves it.

hope some of them help

i have the same problem with nausea. doctors find nothing and tell me im anxious, i only get anxious about feeling sick thats all nothing else. ive been suffering for 5 years now and ive had enough of it. i know exacly how this person feels its not a great feeling knowing your going to wake up and feel sick for the rest of the day so some 1 please gelp us!!!!!!

I feel the same thing for many years. At first it was a lot worse. I had all kinds of tests made and I had nothing else but a mild gastritis. I took all kinds of medicines, nothing helped. My doctor told me, I think what you have is Psychological, I cannot help you anymore. So I went to a Psychiatrist (I never thought of myself as an anxious person). As I started to talk (after a few sessions), the nausea started to go away. It was incredible.

Now I have it only when I get very anxious (at least not all the time). I realized that I also swallow air when I`m anxious without noticing it, which makes me get bloated and even more anxious. It`s horrible, I feel like I`m going to be sick and sometimes that stops me from doing things or going to places that cause me anxiety ( I have agoraphobia, but that`s another story ).

They say ginger is really good for nausea, I haven`t tried it yet.

SO, check if a therapy could help you, you never know! Good luck! ;-)

I have the exact same problem as dazzazmc, and I've only had it for about a year, but it's getting worse, just like her, doctors say im anxious, and i only worry about getting sick, and i'm always afraid I'll get sick! please help if you can, and I've herd trying to rub and put mild pressure about 3 finger widths up on the palm side of your hand from your wrist and put the pressure on the 2 tendons for about 60 secs, it stops nasuea, but idk, i havn't tried it yet...

I would switch my doctor and get a doctor that can prescribe anxiety pills. That probably would relax you and help you not to get sick.

I am the same way. Anxious and nauseous. The sea band helps me a bit when I have mild nausea, but recently I had the stomach flu or food poisoning and was extremely nauseous, I just started drinking instant ginger tea and honey tea, and it worked miracles. The nausea was gone instantly. As for my anxiety, talking definitely helps, and then my nausea usually goes down. Good luck! I hope these things work for you as well as they do for me.

Saltines and water did the trick for me. Sorry you're going through this.

hi, ive had a problem for almost a year now with having stomach pains and nausea, and im only 14, its a real pain because im missing school and exams so its important for me to be well, also its depressing all my friends think im just moaning and they go out on weekends and i can't join them, my mam and dad have given up and most of my family just think im getting bullied. ive been back and forward to the doctors and everything, had tests and tablets and none work! rarely it goes off but it gets worse some weeks and others it clears up, it could be irritable bowel syndrome and i'd love some help with getting rid off the faintess and nausea, please help!

I undestand how it's bad to have nausea and vomuting all the time. It's like to be in a pain all the time.No peace, no appetite,you can't do anything, it's always in your mind %-) When I was pregnant I was vomuting 5-6 times a day through all pregnancy.It wasn't fun. To the end of pregnancy I was severly depressed,only because of that.

I can say- Ginger ale saved my life. Besides that I couldn't drink anything. Even simple water make me vomuting.Nobody adviced me at that time to take ginger capsuls. It,probably, would be a good idea?!:-) I know a few other methods to stop nausea, at least, for a short time.

1- one glass of warm water +1 tea spoon of honey + 3 tea spoons of pure lemon juice.(mix it)
Drink it ,laying in the bed, with closed eyes and stay in the bed after that for 10-15 minutes.
At least, for 3-4 hours it will help.

2- one glass of warm water + 2 t.spoons of apple sider.Drink it ,laying in the bed...

3- Take a small piece of ice and swallow, laying in the bed. don't drink or eat anything after that for a couple hours. it may help too.

This is for pregnancy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It can be too many reasons for nausea, when you re not pregnant. One of them-because your liver has too many toxins . I know the doctor, who specialize on Tibet medicine.She is going to China 2 times a years -to learn...Her methods biuld only on herbal pills.She recomended a such method to clean a liver:

Take 30 ml. of any vegetable oil and 30 ml. of pure lemon juice. Keep your nose closed with your fingers and make first swallow of oil. ( hold your breath!) and immidiatly make 1 big swallow of lemon juice. Breath after that.

Reapeate 2-3 more times.

Do that for 10 days every morning, 30 minutes before breakfast.

I know, it's difficult to drink oil, but i treated my husband with that, when he had problem with his liver. He started to feel much better after that.

The doctor gave me this recepy,unfortunely,after my pregnancy already.She told me- if I would do that a couple weeks before pregnancy-my nausea would be 3-4 times less.
I treat myself now with this method.

I wish you to all good luck! :-)

I have this too. I've been dealing with this for about a year, and it's definitely had a negative impact on my life. I've gotten blood work done to see if it was medical but it's not. I've been in therapy for a year, and have been prescribed hydroxyzine pampers for anxiety and nausea.it seemed to help at first but now it seems like it just makes me more sick! I've missed a lot of school because of it, and I'm concerned about the rest of my life.

That said, I'll give ginger a try! At this point, I'll try anything.

Seriously? That post was *supposed* to say hydroxyzine pamoate!!

I am 21, and I have had this problem since I was 16. I have had every test imaginable, and doctors cant find anything wrong. They basically gave up on me. I have a really relaxed life with almost zero stress, and still almost every morning I feel like I'm going to puke. If this ginger thing pans out, I will be the happiest person on earth.