I have developed among other things,pancreatitis-kidney failure-and glucose problems from the use of seroquil. I found myself constantly falling into tHings(my stove-glass bureau etc.) and when finally admitted into the hospital was said to have been totally dehydrated in spite of the amount of water I had been drinking( THEY PUT 40 LITRES INTO ME WITH NOTHING COMING OUT) I have recently heard that seroqil and vioxx are being scrutinized?(I also was told that they knew vioxx would kill people?)
Can you help me? WHO ARE THEY--THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE THESE DRUGS?

Antipsychotics and other drugs that treat mental problems have a wide range of possible severe side effects but not all people suffer from them. I am very sorry to hear that you developed such problems. How long have you been on the drug?

Did you have any predispositions for developing these severe side effects? Did anybody in your family have problems with kidneys, pancreas or diabetes?

I also know that people who take seroquel are at high risk of developing diabetes, high cholesterol and triglycerides, low thyroid levels, neuroleptic malignant syndrome and tardive dyskinesia. But these risks should always be considered with a doctor before starting the drug.

The trouble is that this kind of drugs are often helpful in maintaing troubles they were made for. I don’t know about any cases of schizophrenia but I know that seroquel is working well for bipolars.

I don’t know if seroquel is being questioned but vioxx has been withdrawn from the market back in 2004 when it was found to increase risk of heart attack, stroke, blood clots and other cardiovascular complications.

Are you thinking about failing a complaint against the manufacturers of the drug?