Hi, I have leaky gut syndrome. It took my doctor 6 months to come to this conclusion. Does it usually takes that long, or is it just my doctor not thinking about such a disease?

Hi, I believe that as it is not so rare, but it is quite difficult to have it diagnosed. Some even consider it to be extremely common problem. The underlying cause of the disease is hyper permeable intestinal lining. There are large spaces between the cells of the gut wall, so the intestinal content such as bacteria, toxins and food leak in. This is usually associated with inflammatory degenerative mucosal damage. Leaky guts can be cause for chemical sensitivity, fibromyalgia and escalating food allergies. In many cases of irritable bowel syndrome, there is also a chance that leaky gut may be present as well.

You are lucky your doctor found out in only 6 months. Some doctors don't even recognize LGS as a true disease. I went to over 10 doctors and went through many blood tests, colonoscopies, and answers like "it is probably just a tear in your intestine" before I finally found a doctor who could tell me what was wrong and offer me a solution. It took me four years to find that doctor. My main symptom of my LGS is intestinal bleeding from food allergies. I encourage everyone to research their symptoms for themselves if their doctors can not figure it out. You know your body and you know something is wrong even if they say its nothing.

Took my doctor 6 years! You are one of the lucky ones.

Went for xrays and everything only to be told i was "fine." Sure doc, i got a crippling pain in my abdominal region but im A'ok!

Why when I click on links of 'symptoms' throughout this thread I get redirected to teen fashions...hummm!

Leaky gut is real & a difficult problem... so are toxins...our medical system is a great disappointment when their only option is... needed pathology to cure & reject proven sciences that can prevent illness,
these known as far back as the 1900's.
I want health & wellness for health care not death & decay ... I feel as if they are waiting for my corpse as they reassure me that they have some new pill, then another & another. No thanks!

The present medical systems base belief is that LGS, parasites & that toxins don't exist or have effect on our human conditions...This is outrageous & form a antiquated science & common sense.
I would like to invite the Medical Association & Sciences to join the 21st century...Hurry please...V.

How is it diagnosed? I believe i may have that..I have been sick for years-chronic fatigue, headaches, bowel problems, and I just got allergy tested a few days ago and I'm allergic to molds in food so there are many foods I can't eat. Doctors have done many tests on me and told me everything is fine. If I am getting horrible migraines and throwing up all the time, obviously everything is not well. I have read abou that yeast syndrome, candidias as well. I should be getting allergy shots soon, but I spoke to a lady working at the health food store who spoke to me regarding alternative methods. I've always been skeptical but now I'm starting to consider it; after seeing dermatologists, neurologists, ENTs, and gastroenterologists with everything being "fine" I'm losing my patience. >:(

yes u r right 2 believe u hav leaky gut n a yeast ova growth as it sounds like u do i had all the same symptoms n more

any body can help me please,iam male,28 y,i have done all the investigation on the earth,and every thing is normal,i suffer from severe bloating,flatulance,fatigue and some times pain for 2 years,may i have lgs