My stomach area right below my belly button is swollen ane hard. It also makes gurgling noises. I cant even sit up when i wake up in the mornin without being in pain. It also hurts to urinate. Just to let everyone know im 13 and this has been happening for months. I never got my period so that can be one problem. I cannot tell when im hungry and i have lost 9 pounds since Christmas which was a week ago. I hae been to the doctors and they sent me to a hospital to get an ultrasound and they said everything was fine. I really need answers because now my grandma wants me to get surgery where they cut my stomach open. If anyone has any answers please help me!!!!!!!

Hi! There's probably nothing to worry about, your body is going through some changes. When girls begin to go through puberty (usually starting between the ages of 8 and 13), their bodies and minds change in many ways. The hormones in their bodies stimulate new physical development, such as growth and breast development. About 2 to 2½ years after a girl's breasts begin to develop, she usually gets her first menstrual period. About 6 months or so before getting her first period, a girl might notice an increased amount of clear vaginal discharge. But the painful urination could be a urinary tract infection symptom.

My doctor tested me for a urinary tract infection and put me on antibiotics for a day and then they called and said i didn have one. Now im taking a new medicine called Probiotics which is a good bacteria that helps the body. My stomach feels a little bit better but its still swollen.

Yes, Probiotics are live microorganisms (in most cases, bacteria) that are similar to beneficial microorganisms found in the human gut. They are also called "friendly bacteria" or "good bacteria." Friendly bacteria are vital to proper development of the immune system, to protection against microorganisms that could cause disease, and to the digestion and absorption of food and nutrients. I found that probiotics can help you with conditions such as: infectious diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, infection with Helicobacter pylori, vaginal infections, stomach and respiratory infections that children acquire in daycare, skin infections.