I hope someone can lead me in the right direction to what is wrong with me :-(

Anyway I get this Severe Upper Stomach Pain (In my lower part of my rib cage and centered) which happens Every 6 Months which has been going on for around 4-5 years and last for 1 week. It gets very very bad that I have to stay in bed with a wheat bag on my stomach/ribcage area for the week. I went to the hospital and doctors so many times its crazy. I have done all the tests under the sun such as endoscopy x 2, blood tests, this white stuff I had to drink (forgot what test was called) X-rays, ultrasound, went to abdominal specialists and tests like like, but the doctors can't find anything. I also went on a Gluten and Wheat Free (To see if I had Celiac's Disease) diet for 1 and Half Months but the pain came back again. I will list in point form with my symptoms I get, to see if that is helpful:

- Comes Every 6 months
- When I get the pain it goes up in steps and gets more and more painful until it reaches peak, then goes back down in steps until fully gone. Pain gets worse each day until peak.
- Lose Appetite
- Feel Feverish when I walk
- Pain Flares up randomly
-Pain Flares up when I have sudden movements or walk
- Flaring up is agony, sometimes screaming and crying
- Located in centre under ribs/upper stomach
- Feels like I have done heaps of sit ups, but more centered and higher up and painful
- Need Heat Pack to take the edge off
- In bed for a week

All help will be greatly appreciated :-D

One quesiton that I would like to see answerd as well--what intestinal disorders have you been tested for? Have you been tested for any parasites as well? That's all I'd like to know. Please let me know when you have a chance. Thanks!

Richnan...I have the EXACT same thing. Were you ever able to get a diagnosis? Please contact me and give me any information you can...it would be much appreciated. Thanks...Joel

Richnan/Joel -

My wife is currently experiencing almost the exact same symptoms. I took her to the ER for it once 3 years ago. Two weeks ago it happened again, and once again off to the ER. 5 days after that another severe attack, so the hospital finally decided to admitted her. So far they've done an MRCP, EGD, Sonogram, and a liver biopsy and dozens of blood tests. There are still some tests that we're waiting on the results from, but so far her GI Doc isn't coming up with a solid diagnosis. She's having the attaches at least once every 3 days now. The doctor gave her Percocet for the pain which works well, but makes her extremely sick to her stomach. Have either of you had any luck finding a diagnosis?

Thanks
Dan

I had the same thing for 26 weeks. None of the doctors diagnosed it. I went online and purchased Cipro 500mg and Flagyl 200mg. I took those together for 5 days and then continued Cipro for another 5 days alone. I felt better in about 6 weeks after self-treatment. i stay away from caramel coloring in cokes and pepsi more now and also try to drink sprite more.

Might be adhesions mate

You have something my daughter suffers from,,,,had all the test too. And we still don't know what causes it.

I have been suffering from this for years now. I Just suffered another attack last night. I have been marking the dates on my calender and it's every 5 months! I did have blood work done but to no avail, nothing came up. Is this a food allergic reaction? Can anyone tell me if they have had any luck so far in diagnosing this??? Getting frustrated and my husband insists on taking me to the hospital when it happens but I am leery as all the other people have had nothing found on them! Ug...please help!

Hi there like you lot I have been getting the same feeling in my stomach but with me it first started 2 years ago around the same time my partner was due to give birth , it has been returning every 2-3 months since and lasts roughly a week sometimes more.

Doctors have done tests and can't come up with anything , thou my mother thinks it could be acid brought on by nerves or stress. :(

Hi there,

I have suffered from this same problem since I was 5 years old. At times, they have been so severe that I too have been screaming and crying in bed with fever, chills, and nausea and vomiting. After years of trial and error, and with no doctor ever being able to diagnose it, I have actually finally been able to figure out what it is, and what causes it. It is basically a less common form of severe indigestion and often the only thing that makes it better is vomiting or taking medicine (which is fine for most) but I prefer not to have to depend on meds.

It can be brought on by different things for me. I get it most often when I eat too many seed/nut/veggies products or foods high in fat (even healthy fats!). This can be so many things! Among the foods I am the most sensitive to are: figs, cucumbers, tomatoes, papaya, canned beans, almonds; the list goes on. Basically, what I have discovered is that I have to eat everything in moderation! High fat diets; nope. High fiber diets; nope. Everything in moeration; yep. Although I have not been diagnosed by a doctor, I have made these changes to my diet and the severity and quantity of my stomach aches is a fraction of what is used to be. In terms of medication to take, I respond well to Hylands Upset Stomach medication which is a super mellow pill but it does the trick. Sometimes tums works although I've only taken it a few times. I've also heard Beano works too but you have to take it before you eat.

BUT an important thing to remember is that everyone is different and that it could be an underlying cause of something more serious.

Gallstones possible maybe

My symptoms are very similar..severe heavy/dull upper stomach pain (under my rib cage and centered)...severe distention, fatigue, weight loss, food makes it worse. Pain radiates around left side to back muscle pain. I've been suffering for 7 years now. The flare ups happen between every 2 weeks to every 2 months, and lasts a week; peak time is by the 3rd or 4th day. Flare ups always start mid-morning after breakfast. Pain is so severe I have to take time off of work and lay in bed. I've done multiple blood work, stool samples, 4 ultrasounds, barium x-ray, and everything turns up clear (no gall stones, ulcers, pancreas is normal). I've tried elimination diets including dairy and gluten. Can't pin point it to a certain food or stress. I've been on meds for ulcers, ibs, motility drugs, anti-spasmotics...none have worked. Next step is CT scan this Sunday, but worried that it won't show anything.

I've been having the exact same symptoms about every 4 to 6 weeks for the last 6 months or so. Doctor has done multiple blood work multiple tests check my gallbladder checked my liver check me for Crohn's disease and nobody seems to know what's going on.

I have had the same condition for 8 yrs, this 6 month window is by far the worst, he they found your condition yet