Hi. I'm 18 years old and (otherwise) healthy. I started working out last year, and I was able to run 5 miles at least 4 times a week. I lost 30 pounds, but after about four months, I started becoming tired and dizzy during and after working out, so much that I would have to stop running and literally fall to the ground. It's been almost a year and I've only gotten worse. Now I can't even walk for 30 minutes, I have almost constant lightheadedness and fatigue. I can't even walk up stairs without blood rushing to my head and becoming very dizzy and out of breath. This whole thing is keeping me from doing fun things with my friends. One doctor said it might be low blood sugar, because the lightheadedness gets worse when I'm hungry, but recently my heart has started to beat really hard and fast, and sometimes it hurts. My other doctor did an ECG, and said everything seemed normal, but prescribed me atenolol, despite the fact that I don't have high blood pressure. Heart disease and diabetes do run in my family, though. The doctor recommended me to a cardiologist who said I might have a leaky heart valve, and ordered a heart monitor that I'm going to be wearing for 21 days. I also had a echocardiogram, which the nurse said sounded normal. (I had the echocardiogram today so my doctor hasn't seen it yet, so I don't know what he'll say). All of this is very frustrating! I do have trouble sleeping and some anxiety issues, but I don't know if it could be related. Also, sometimes my heart feels like it's beating too slowly.. If I take deep breaths, my heart speeds up quickly and I become lightheaded.

hey there i have had the same sort of symptons recently. i have became exhausted and shaky when walking to the top of my road. im only 19. and for the past 3 years ive had lots of strange chest pains wich have varied from aches to deep throbs to clenshing tight pains. iv also had alot of heart flutters over the past year when ive worked a long day and before then i suffered from lack of sleep! ive only just got referred to see a cardiologist for 4 weeks time! what was it like when you saw your specialist? could request tests that you wanted or? let us know what results you get so im abit more prepared when i see the specialist. take it easy man! ed