Hello there! I am 50 year-old woman and I have entered complete menopause about six months ago. Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with leaky gut. This is so incredible to me because I have never suffered of any disease before. Could it be that leaky gut is in some way connected with menopause? Thank you

Well, I am not so sure. As far as I know, leaky gut can be caused by antibiotics, as they lead to the overgrowth of abnormal flora in the gastrointestinal tract (bacteria, parasites, candida, fungi); alcohol and caffeine, which are strong gut irritants; foods and beverages contaminated by parasites like giardia lamblia, cryptosporidium, blastocystis hominis; chemicals in fermented and processed; Enzyme deficiencies; non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs; Prescription corticosteroids; High refined carbohydrate diet. So, as you can see these are some of the factors that could have caused inflammation of your gut wall, and I haven’t heard of connection between menopause and leaky gut.