I am desperate for my best friend had a severe car accident about 10 days ago and I am afraid the prognosis aren't good at all for he is being diagnosed with lesion on cervical spine –maybe the good thing is that his doc was talking about some mild cervical spine lesion but I am wondering now is there at all anything such as mild lesion on cervical spine. The thing is that I always thought that the neck injury is no good it makes you paralyzed-and my friend now is lying back there in the hospital and I am curious what are his chances to get up and walk one day again? Thanks

I dislike saying this but the fact is that whenever it comes to the lesion on cervical spine the prognosis are not good at all but yet again your friend may be the lucky one for sometimes being diagnosed with mild lesion on cervical spine would demand only wearing braces especially if this lesion is just about ruptured disc but if it affected spinal cord than I don't think he would get up that easy so as you see it all depends on the severity of its cervical spine lesion so I guess you will have to wait little longer to see how the things will be developing further on and I think if it is about acute cervical injury that if he had been given medrol within first 8 hours of his cervical spine lesion this would really help him in reducing the nerve cells damage as well as the inflammation of the injured area.