Hello, folks. My friend has been diagnosed with pyogenic spine infection. He has been administrated to the hospital. I think that his main symptom is disorder of the bowel function. I would like to know something more about this. I would appreciate all your help here. Thank you for replying. Bye!

Hi, there. Spine infections can be serious. They are usually joined with some kind of injury, but not necessarily. Since sphincter control is made through spinal cord, I see why your friend has problem with bowels. Some centers of autonomous nervous system are in spinal cord. They are easily affected when there is an infection. It is good that your friend is in hospital. He will get there a proper care. I hope he’ll be all right. Good luck with all!

Hello, everyone. I had a cousin who had pyogenic spine infection. Bowel dysfunction was just one of his problems. He also had problems with bladder control. Doctor explained me that centers for bowel and bladder control were in spinal cord. During the infection, they are affected. Your friend just needs antibiotics to receive. After that, he should be feeling better. I hope I’ve helped a little. Bye!