Hi, my friend has car accident last week and he was transferred to the hospital immediately as he had multiple fractures of his legs and arms. Also his doctor told me that he is most worried about spinal injury which may have very bad effects on his future life. I would like to know how serious may be spinal injury.

Hi, every spinal injury is very dangerous. Spine is protecting spinal cord trough which are passing nerve paths crucial for moving of our bodies. Also there are situated other sensitive paths which allow us to feel different senses from our surrounding. If spinal injury is high in cervical region it may cause quadriplegia which means that he won't be able to move his legs and arms. Lower location may damage legs movement and function of sphincters. If injury is slight it may disrupt sense of touch.