I have 6 months old son that has been diagnosed with congenital encephalopathy just after he was born and he already had a seizure attack recently and it was awful watching him shaking and jerking. I am actually curious now to hear what actually means being diagnosed with congenital encephalopathy and what is the best treatment as well as what are congenital encephalopathy prognosis for I would like to hear what could I except regarding my son's health? Thanks much!

I dislike saying this but I am positive that being diagnosed with congenital encephalopathy never brings no good prognosis though on the other hand it all depends on its form –whether it is mild or severe congenital encephalopathy about but no matter this I think that the most effective congenital encephalopathy treatment would be some anticonvulsants that are usually prescribed for life in patients with congenital encephalopathy. Anyway congenital encephalopathy means that some brain damage has developed during the fetus development and it is believed to be caused by mutation of MECP2 gene and sometimes it also may happen in neonatal period causing further brain complications which are usually manifested in serious seizures and frequent epilepsy attacks that could also be followed by losing consciousness. I don’t think I could be of much help here since I am not professional regarding this issue but I know that the kid of my cousin is also being diagnosed with congenital encephalopathy and it is now for years he is on some special diet enriched with some nutritional supplements which his parents claims to be perfect in reducing his symptoms so I advice you try to find out something about this congenital encephalopathy nutritional approach also.