I was diagnosed in early Feb with a stress fracture of my tibia, my doc did a MRI to confirm. I went back to the doc today and he said there is no change in the healing (I am still having a lot of pain).  He really didn't give me any more recommendations, I can't sleep because of the pain and its affecting my daily life, he also told me in Feb that I had osteoporosis in the area that fractured due to having a baby in November.  He recommended I stay off of it for 6-8 weeks back when I first found out, I am not able to do so because I have 2 small children.  Has anyone else had this happen and how long is this going to take???

I had a stress fracture in my tibia about 3 years ago. The fracture took me around 12 weeks to heal since its the larger bone in the leg. I was confined to crutches and a cast from my hip all the way to my toes for 9 weeks. And then a cast from my knee to me toes for another 3 weeks. The doctor told me that I would always have pain after this fracture abs I do now. Everytime it rains I know it's coming. I also have a genetic bone disease that makes my bones sorta like glass. It's called osteogenesis imperfecta. But I'm a normal 21 year old. Just spent many years in a cast. 18 broken arms. Fractured tibia and ankle. All toes and fingers. Elbows wristband wrists. And my left cheek bone. Ouch. But hopefully you will be pain Free soon since you have 2 young children. Hope this helps.

Thanks! The doc never put me in a cast or anything, the pain did go away and then came back, its hard for me to sleep even laying there its hurts so bad

i had/still have a stress fracture in my tibia and it is approaching 6 months. for the first two months the pain affected my sleeping, but now it has dissappated to only hurt when exercising. i shouldn't have taken this long to heal (im told) but 6-8 weeks is definitely NOT long enough. hope you heal quickly

I was diagnosed with a tibia stress fracture in May 2013 and its Oct 2013 and im still in pain! It seems that now it hurts more when i sit then when i walk! I have 3 kids and a its my right foot! It hurts to drive so i cant really drive much! I was given a boot to wear and told to stay off of it which with 3 kids its not possible! This is very frustracting so I know exactly how you feel! 

OK. Stress tibia proximal fracture. 3 months old. Not healed yet. 65 but active. Not now, can't walk on it. HELP. should I get another Ortho? no cast, just bloody crutches. Have to work. Any Dr.s read these posts?