My grandmother has been diagnosed with brain cancer. She is already in her early seventies, and despite the pleas of everyone else in our family, my grandmother decided that she wishes to decline any kind of medical treatment other than pain relief, and will let the disease run its course. In such situations, what is the life expectancy for brain cancer patients?

Depending on the location of the brain tumour, the life expectancy of brain cancer patients is around six to eighteen months. The symptoms are also dependant on the location of the tumour, and I would like you to know in advance that brain cancer patients can get extremely confused towards the end and turn into aggressive and unpredictable people, that do not remind us of our loved-ones in any way. Such things are difficult for the brain cancer patient's family and friends, and adds an extra edge to the grieving process.