My husband is only 65 and I had to put him into a care home for alzheimer's patients recently. I wish I could look after him myself, but my husband has become really aggressive and I don't recognise him any more, and he doesn't recognise me any more either - literally. It is terrible. He used to be such a lovely man, and now he screams and shouts at me when he sees him. He is a far cry from the caring, gentle man I married. I hardly dare to even think about it but I still want to ask. I often think that he would be better off if her were no longer with us, and so would other people. I would like to hear what the life expectancy is for alzheimer's patients.

I think it is very understandable that you feel the way you do. It must be awfully hard for you to see your beloved husband turning into a monster slowly, and I know that relatives of alzheimer's patients have a terrible time, mourning before their loved ones are even gone. Life expectancy from the time of diagnosis is round and about seven years for alzheimer's patients.