I am very interested in reading about the ife expectancy for different professions. I have no doubt that the average ife expectancy is different for a CEO than for a janitor, and I am sure that doctors are generally more healthy than cobblers. Is there any statistical evidence that backs up this theory?

It's funny - there have been quite a few articles about this in the news lately. I think it is clear why your career choice affects your ife expectancy. Physical labor takes its toll on the body, and working with chemicals can't increase your life span. Stress is also not good for one's ife expectancy. But I think socio-economic factors might just play a bigger role than a person's actual profession.

You are right! Poor people do live shorter than rich people! Look at this report from the BBC, that talks about a recent study on the issue. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7059693.stm
The largest contrast is between manual workers and non manual employees, but there is a whole range of fascinating facets. I highly recommend you read the study.